- Always use DISTILLED WATER for rinsing, washing and sterilization.
- Thoroughly wash all instruments to remove all debris.
HINT: Have a bowl of distilled water nearby until cleaning is possible
- (a) Ultrasonic machines are the most effective means of cleaning instruments
(follow mfgs. instructions) but if you prefer
(b) Manual cleaning:
- soak instruments in a clean solution (neutral pH).
- temperature of solution should be higher than room temperature.
- remove all debris using only soft plastic brush, water spray, or lint-free cloth.
- Thoroughly DRY all instruments on a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Always LUBRICATE all hinged instruments.
HINT: Use pin point droppers and bio-degradable materials.
- When sterilizing avoid metal-to-metal contact and open all hinged instruments.
- Let instruments cool down before removing them.
This information should help you extend the life of your instruments I investments.